The recording and slides from the last webinar are posted below. The recordings from older webinars are an exclusive benefit of SORP membership and are posted on the member-only side of this website. Members, click here to login.
Environmental Education and Outdoor Recreation: Strategies for Impact
Registration is closed for this webinar - the attendance maximum has been reached. (2/16/17, 12:00 noon EST)
- February 16, 2017 at 2:00 to 3:00 pm Eastern
- SORP webinars are free to members and $45 for non-members.
One AICP Continuing Maintenance credit is available for this webinar. Although we will not be offering Continuing Education Units (IACET), we can provide you with proof of attendance and a description of the session upon request.
This webinar is specifically designed for land management personnel interested in the intersection between environmental education and outdoor recreation. Join us to learn more about the current landscape of environmental education, covering the big initiatives and research impacting the field at the local and national level. It will also address current issues in the field with a focus on the role that land management personnel can play in addressing and alleviating these issues. Topics will include diversity and inclusion, public school integration, and connecting people to nature, to name a few.
- Participants will gain a basic introduction to the field of environmental education.
- Participants will gain a better understanding of current trends, research and issues in environmental education at the state and national level.
- Participants will learn what role land management personnel can play in addressing environmental education and alleviating issues facing the field.
- Sarah Bodor, Director of Policy & Affiliate Relations, North American Association for Environmental Education
- Ashley Hoffman, Executive Director, Kentucky Association for Environmental Education
- Katie Navin, Executive Director, Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education
An Interagency Approach to Visitor Use Management, November 2016
The video is free to view, but you will be asked to provide your name and email.
Webinar Slides (PDF, 1.6 MB)
The following videos and slides are posted on the member-only side of this website.
- Best Practices for the Production of Recreation and Management Planning Documents, June 2016
- Making the Case for Parks and Trails, January 2016
- Long Distance Trails: think regionally, implement locally - October 2015
- Trail Towns: Bringing Outdoor Recreation and Communities Together - July 2015
- Evolving Market Trends for Outdoor Recreation Professionals - February 2015
- Creating “Best of the Best” OHV Recreation Experiences - November 2014
- GIS Applications in Outdoor Recreation Planning - June 2014
- International Outdoor Recreation Planning Perspectives - February 2014
- An Alternative Development and Analysis Exposé - November 2013
- Collaboration and Public Participation in Outdoor Recreation Planning - July 2013
- Keys to Effective Surveys - May 2013
- Best of SCORP - August 2010